The Watchdog Desiccant Breathers are a unique particle filtration and water removal system. They prevent destructive contaminants from entering industrial equipment as air is breathed in and out due to thermal expansion or fluid level changes. They feature visual indication of the silica for replacement, which turns from gold to dark green.
By allowing only clean, dry air into industrial equipment, the Watchdog Desiccant Breathers prolong fluid life, reduce abrasive wear, downtime, and repair costs.
- Water Vapor Adsorbent - the silica gel used adsorbs up to 40% of its own weight.
- Color Indicator - When maximum adsorption is reached the silica gel turns from gold to dark green, indicating replacement is needed. The silica gel used is chemically inert, non-corrosive, and does not contain cobalt chloride, a heavy metal. The color changing dye used is environmentally safe and meets all health and safety requirements.
- Dual Filtration System - A two micron filter (99% efficiency) is located at the top and bottom of the silica gel bed. The top filter removes particle contamination from atmospheric air and the bottom helps with dust created by the silica gel beads contacting each other.
- Activated Carbon - As air is expelled, it passes through activated carbon which removes oil vapors, fumes, and odors (except for part numbers 39131, 39132, 39133, and 39134).
- Bi-directional air flow - A 360º air flow allows air to be breathed in and out as fluid level changes or differential pressures occur. Expelled air "backflushes" the particulate filter to prolong the life of the breather.
- Durable construction - Watchdog desiccant breathers are manufactured from rugged ABS plastic and impact modified acrylic.
Nominal Air Flow Rate: 35 CFM (260 gpm of fluid volume change)
10 CFM (75 gpm of fluid volume change)
100 CFM (750 gpm of fluid volume change
Particulate Filtration: Level 2 micron absolute (99% efficiency)
Operating Temperature Range: -20º to 200ºF / -28º to 93ºC
Silica Gel Adsorption: Up to 40% of its weight of water
Material: ABS plastic and impact-modified acrylic