In the past choices were very limited when it came to filtering lubricants with viscosities greater than 500 SUS @ 100ºF. Now Trico offers a solution with our Portable Filter Cart System. The problem with attempting to filter a high viscosity oil with a lower viscosity system is that the pump and filters are not designed to work with higher pressures required to push high viscosity fluids through the system. As a result these low viscosity units operate primarily in “bypass” mode where little if any of the high-viscosity oil gets filtered.
Trico’s High-Viscosity Gear and Lube Oil Portable Filter Cart System is specifically designed for high-viscosity fluids associated mainly with gear oils and can filter oils up to 7500 SUS @ 100ºF (1600 cSt @ 40ºC).
To ensure that the equipment receives the cleanest oil possible, for increased equipment life, Trico’s Portable Filter Cart System provides four filter elements for increased holding capacity..
A variety of filter elements are available to meet recommended manufacturer cleanliness levels.
- Bypass Valve - Allows transfer of oil without filtering.
- Oil Sampling Ports - Two sampling ports available to monitor condition of oil.
- Quad Filters - Four filter elements for increased holding capacity
- Industrial Strength Tires - Wide tires capable of getting over large grate gaps.
- Differential Pressure Gauges - Indicates when elements need to be changed.
- Heavy Duty Cart - Rugged and built to last.
- Hose & Wand Assembly - Heavy steel wire reinforced clear PVC hoses with 3 ft long metal wands.
- Drip Pan - Keeps work area safe and clean.
Pump Type: Industrial Grade Gear Pump or Pneumatic Motor
Flow Capacity: 4 GPM - Electric
3 GPM - Pneumatic
Pump Speed: 1725 RPM - Electric
Variable up to 3000 RPM - Pneumatic
Maximum Inlet Vacuum: 8" of Mercury
Hose Sizing @ 2 ft/sec: 1.25" Diameter @ 6 ft Long
Maximum Operating Temperature: 110ºF Continuous (150ºF Limited Use)
Pump By-Pass: 105 PSI
Filter By-Pass: 43 PSI
Maximum Viscosity: 1600 cSt @ 40ºC / 7500 SUS
Seal and Gasket Material: Viton®
Electrical Service Required: 120 Volts, 20 Amps, Single Phase, 60 Hz (electric version only)
Air Inlet Connection: 1/4" NPT Female (pneumatic version only)
Max. Operating Pressure: 100 PSI (pneumatic version only)
Weight: 140 lbs - Electric
156 lbs - Pneumatic
Dimensions: 28"W x 21"D x 48"H