Trico is pleased to introduce the new and improved Ferrogram Maker (FM-6). The FM-6 dual slide maker is used in the first step in Analytical Ferrography. For greater productivity, the FM-6 is designed with two independent stations allowing two samples to be prepared concurrently.
Each station includes a holder which accurately positions a slide at slight incline over a new improved, powerful magnet, allowing particles to deposit from largest to smallest on a Ferrogram. This deposition pattern provides good resolution of large and small particles which facilitates a diagnosis of potential wear problems. Ferrogram preparation can be done automatically, semi-automatically, or manually at the operator’s option. In the automatic mode, the sample is deposited on the Ferrogram at a carefully controlled rate. At the end of the sample deposition cycle, the wash cycle is automatically initiated, and an audio and visual signal indicates completion of the Ferrogram. The semi-automatic and manual modes provide flexibility and further operator control to perform unusual samples.
The newly, redesigned FM-6 features an interactive 7" LCD touch screen, and USB and Ethernet port so you can easily plug in a keyboard, mouse, access useful reports on the web and connect it to our other Ferrography instruments like the newly redesigned DR-6 Direct Reading Ferrography and the FS-6 Ferroscope.
- Automatic operation releases labor for other tasks
- Adjustable controlled sample flow rate ensuring uniform substrate deposition and reproducibility
- Simultaneously produces two Ferrograms in less than 20 minutes
- Ferrograms are transparent, allowing differentiation of metallic, organic, and non-metallic particles, for easy diagnosis
- Particles are sorted by magnetic susceptibility and size enabling quick interpretation
- Very little particle stacking occurs ensuring observation of important particles, critical to machine condition
- Designed with the most powerful magnet on earth without the bulky weight
- New user-friendly touch screen provides simple instrument set-up and operation
- USB port connections for external devices
Size: 16"L x 14"W x 15"H
Weight: 27 lbs
Power: 110-240V 50/60 Hz